Paper I: General Ability & Intelligence
Paper I is based upon multiple choice question paper and is mandatory to score qualifying marks. Then Paper II will be checked and merit will be counted.
This paper includes Two sections which are described as follows:
1. General Mental Ability
This section includes the following topics.
A. Quantitative aptitude including numerical ability:
· Ratio and Proportion,
· Profit and Loss,
· Time and Work,
· Time and Distance,
· Problems on Trains,
· Allegation and Mixture,
· Boats and Streams,
· Average, Problems on Ages,
· Compound Interest,
· Simple Interest, Area,
· Volume and Surface Area & Data Interpretation
B. Logical reasoning and data interpretation:
· Alphabet Test,
· Logical Sequence of Words,
· Blood Relation,
· Direction Sense Test,
· Alpha-Numeric Sequence Test,
· Data Sufficiency Number,
· Ranking and Time Sequence Test,
· Mathematical Operations.
C. General Science
· Scientific temper,
· General awareness,
· Scientific phenomena of everyday Observation including new areas of importance like Environmental Science,
· Information Technology & Biotechnology.
2. General Studies
A. Current Events
· Current events of international & national importance in areas of arts, literature,
· Sports, governance, culture, music, industry, business,
· Globalisation & interplay among nations,
· Societal and developmental issues.
B. Indian and World Geography
· Economic, physical & social aspects of Geography related to India & the World.
C. History of India
· Growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
D. Indian Polity and Economy
· Social systems & public administration,
· Country’s political System and the Constitution of India,
· Human rights including its indicators economic development in India,
· Regional & international security issues.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay & Comprehension
Descriptive Paper: Total 150 marks
Part-A (80 marks)
This part can be attempt in any of language i.e. Hindi/English with detailed description of any topic. It includes the following topics:
· Modern history of India especially freedom struggle,
· Polity and economy,
· Knowledge of security and human rights issues,
· Analytical ability.
Part-B (70 marks)
The paper must be attempt in English language only. It includes:
· Testing of Comprehension,
· Précis writing, other communications/language skills.
· Any topics on Comprehension Passages, précis writing,
· Grammar and Other aspects of language testing,
· Developing counter arguments