Banking Awareness questions which are discussed will come in upcoming Bank exam 2015. Banking Awareness set of questions is important and easy to remember/memorize with a single reading. BANKING SUPER SPECIAL 50 questions are discussed in which 15-20 questions have probability to ask in any Bank Exam Format. Some of questions have also been asked in recent Online Examination 2014. Aspirant must revise before appearing into SBI Clerk Exam 2015. Now these days, banking awareness questions are asked in the current affairs/ General Awareness section in any ONLINE Bank Exams.
NO PRACTICE – READ ONCE MEMORIZE FOREVER
Those candidates who are preparing for IBPS or Any other Bank Exam must revise SUPER SPECIAL 50 QUESTIONS before appearing in exam.
QUALIFY IN FIRST ATTEMPT BASED QUESTION SET
These questions are discussed below:SBI Associate Clerk Scorecard 2015 Available sbi.co.in Download Final Marks List
· First Bank of India = HINDUSTAN BANK in 1970 & Second was GENERAL BANK OF INDIA in 1786.
· Establishment of RBI = 1 April 1935 & central office is moved to Mumbai from Calcutta in 1937. RBI Concept 1926, Operation started 1935 & became nationalized in 1949. Aggregate Foreign Shareholding in new bank is not more than 49% and minimum capital requirement exceed from 300 crores to 500 crores. RBI is a non-situatory body.
· First Governor of RBI (Reserve Bank of India) = Sir Osborne Smith
· First Indian Governor of RBI = Mr. Chintaman Durgadash Deshmukh
· First Indian Bank started solely with Indian Capital Investment = PNB (Punjab National Bank) founded by Lala Lajpat Rai established at Lahore.
· First Indian Bank got ISO (International Organization for Standardization) = Canara Bank
· First Bank to introduce Saving Account in India = Precidency Bank of India (also known as Bank of Bengal originated in 1809).
· First Bank to introduce cheque system = Bank of Bengal in 1833.
· First Bank to introduce Internet Banking = ICICI Bank
· First Bank to Introduce credit card in India = Central Bank of India
· First Bank to introduce mutual fund = State Bank of India (SBI)
· First Bank which had launched mobile bank account in association with Vodafon’s m-paisa (scheme) = HDFC Bank
· First Indian Bank to open branch outside India = Bank of India (BOI) at London (UK) in 1946.
· First RRB was opened by Syndicate Bank named as Prathma Gramin Bank in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
· First Bank to Introduce ATM (Automated Teller Machine) in India = HSBC Bank at Mumbai in 1987.
· Central Bank is the first 100% owned and maintained by India and also known as India’s Truly Bank.
· SBI is the largest commercial and public sector Bank of India. PNB is second largest public sector bank of India.
· ICICI is largest Private Sector Bank of India.
· Standard Charter Bank is the largest Foreign Bank in India.
· Bank of Baroda (BOB) of India has maximum no. of foreign/overseas bank branches. SBI holds the second position in the maximum no. of overseas branches.
· Newly Appointed RBI Governor = Dr. Raghuram Rajan
· Newly Appointed Deputy Governor = S. S. Mundra
· Newly Appointed Chairman of Indian Bank’s Association (IBA) = Mr. K. R. Kamath
· Recently Plastic Notes of Rs. 10 has been launched to five major cities: Kochi, Mysore, Shimla, Jaipur and Bhuvaneshwar.
· NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) was established in 12th July 1982.
· NABARD was established in sixth five year plan (1980-1985).
· All Banks in India work under (follows) Bank Regulation Act 1949.
· Holidays for the Banks are declared as per Negotiable Instrument Act.
· Target market for Debit cards is ‘All existing card holders’.
· Credit Card is also known as Plastic Card.
· Moratorium is known as initial repayment holidays which are given when the borrowers avail a Term Loan.
· Saving Bank Interest Rates, Fixed deposits, Interest Rates, Loan rates etc. are decided by Individual Bank.
· Base rate (the rate below which a Bank is not allowed to give loan) is decided by RBI.
· Bank Rate is that rate of interest which a central bank charges the loans to commercial bank.
· Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) required to be maintained by the Bank and need to be maintained as a portion of their demand and time liabilities with the Reserve Bank of India. RBI can increase CRR to drain out the excessive money from Bank.
· Current CRR is 4%.
· SLR is the amount which a commercial Bank needs to maintain in the form of cash or Gold or Govt. security Bonds before providing credit to the customer. SLR is used to
· Current SLR = 23%.
· CRR, SLR, Repo-rate (RR), Reverse repo rate (RRR) are decided by RBI by quantitative method.
· RBI appoints Banking Ombudsman (where a Bank customer can file a complaint against the Bank Activity. If Banking Ombudsman does not listen, then customer can forward file to RBI Governor).
· State Bank of India (SBI) is one of oldest Bank of India originated in the Bank of Calcutta in June 1806 and still in existence.
· SBI is a merge of three banks i.e. Bank of Bengal (Calcutta), Bank of Bombay & Bank of Madras in 1921 to form Imperial Bank of India which was converted as State Bank of India.
· NPA (Non Profitable Assist) is an asset that ceases to generate the income. NPA of Public Sector Banks (PSB’s) has increased 3.69% up to December 2012.
· NASTRO Account is the account opened in a foreign country & maintain by an Indian Bank & VOSTRO Account is the account which is opened & maintained by Foreign Bank in India.
· KYC (Know Your Customer) norms for retail purchases of gold and precious metals beyond a limit of Rs. 50,000/-. Current.
· ATM means Automated Teller Machine. Anywhere Banking is done only by ATM, Tele-Banking and Internet Banking.
· Virtual Banking is a bank which is very small or non-existent branch network offers financial services by Telephone banking, online banking, ATM, Mail banking and Mobile banking.
· Minimum Money Transfer limit through RTGS (Real Time Gross Transfer) is 2 Lakhs.
· Maximum Money Transfer limit through RTGS (Real Time Gross Transfer) is NO LIMIT.
· Minimum and Maximum money transfer limit through NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer) is NO LIMIT.
· First Five Year Plan started from 1951-1956 and Now its 12th Five Year Plan is working from 2012-2017.
· IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction & Development is also known as World Bank (a bank which provides long term loan to member countries=188, Head of WB = Jim Yong Kim).
BEST OF LUCK